Monday, November 28, 2011

The Scoop: Marcia Gay Harden

  I hope you enjoy this first of many posts labeled "The Scoop" and featuring an actor from an American Girl movie! Today we'll learn about Marcia Gay Harden. She played Mrs. Merriman in the Felicity movie (which, as a matter of fact, just happens to be my favorite AG movie!!) and her daughter played Nan, Felicity's little sister.

  Marcia Gay Harden was born August 14, 1959. She is both a film and theater actress. She has been in many movies and received an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress for her role in Pollock. She has also received a Tony Award (for a Broadway play) and has been nominated for both an Emmy Award and the Screen Actors Guild Award twice. 

  Harden, one of five children, moved often as a child.

  She married Thaddaeus Scheel in 1996.

  (pictures via; could not find any good pictures of her as Mrs. Merriman)

  I think Marcia Gay Harden was the perfect person to play Felicity's caring, yet stern, mother Martha Merriman! What do you think?

5 comments:

Emma Kate said...

Hi! I just found out about your blog! I really like it! I also have some blogs too... Here is the link to my profile:
http://www.blogger.com/profile/06314938085015961592

Katelyn said...

Emma, thank you so much for commenting and following! As you can tell, I'm super new to blogging, but I really like it so far. :) I'll go look at your profile and blogs right now...

Emma Kate said...

Thanks for following my blog! That is funny, because Katelyn is my middle name! :D

Katelyn said...

Oh, cool! Emma Katelyn is pretty. That's funny, because my middle name is similar to your first name-- Katelyn Emilie. Haha! :-)

Kate said...

That's cool :)